CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend of Surprises

Before I share the pictures from Crab Island, I have a funny story..... If you are eating....do not read right now, haha! Saturday night, Davis had lots of surprises for his mommy and daddy. It started as a regular Saturday night. John, Davis and I were wrapping up a day from Crab Island, watching football and eating dinner. I gave Davis his bath and got him nice and cozy. I noticed a slight smell, so I went to check his diaper and sure enough he went poo poo. When I went to change him I noticed that it was allllllll over him, from head to toe. We have been very lucky that this has not happened until now so it was quite comical. I yelled for John who was snoozing on the couch to come help. I didn't know what I needed him to do, but I just wanted him there to help. For some reason, I handed him a thing of wipees and said "Here go put these in the washer, towels in dryer, stat." He was trying so hard to help, he marched down the hall, wipees in hand and then turned around and said "Jen, I'll do it, but I think you are a little confused. Why would I put the wipees in the washing machine?" We both stood at the changing table dying out laughing while Davis was still there naked as a jaybird. Once we got it together and got him cleaned up, I took him for bath number 2 of the night. I bathed him, put on his lotion and put on a new set of clothes. I brought him back into the den for his nighttime bottle. At this point I was talking to my dad, laughing about what had just happened, when all of a sudden "YUCKY!" Davis then projectile vomited all over himself, a lot!!! Bless his heart. I guess all the trips from the changing table to the tub were shaking him up a little. So needless to say, we had 3 baths Saturday night and went through 4 outfits. I think he had just swallowed too much salt water during the day and it wasn't agreeing with his little tummy. He loves splashing in the water, but will have to be more diligent about keeping the water out of his mouth. Valuable lesson learned! Davis will sleep anywhere! This was one of his many naps on the boat with Beth's IPod blaring in the back.
"WAR EAGLE!"
Davis is not happy in the water on your hip... he must be level with the water so he can splash. I'll have to get a video of it next time.
I keep a little blow up boat on the boat so if the jelly fish are bad I can fill the float up with water for him to stay cool and play with his toys. He loves it!
Again, another nap.
Um, um good! I love that salt water!!! Notice the tongue. His teeth are so close to popping out, he now chews on his tongue non-stop.

1 comments:

Barkley said...

OMG!!! That is hilarious! Thank goodness that hasn't happened to us YET...that's the key word, I know. Those are great pictures on the boat - looks like so much fun!! I'm jealous!