CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mamma, Dadda and Old Wives Tales

For some reason I have heard several old wives tales over the past few weeks. I have always heard that if your baby starts crawling and/or walking early then they are making room for number 2. My brother proved this one true when my sister arrived 14 months later. So since Davis has been crawling all over the place I always think of that tale. But wait... it gets better! I also heard that if your baby says mamma first your next child will be a girl, dadda=boy. Now I don't take much stock in that one mainly because I know that it is easier to say d's than m's and also have several friends where the opposite occurred. Here is my concern though... He said dadda and momma on the same day for the first time! Does that mean we may have twins next??? Of course twins would be a blessing, but remember- JD was 8 pounds 15 oz when he was born. Plus one???? OUCH!!! I will have to give my MeeMaw some credit here though for those of you who don't already know. My dad and aunt are twins and weighed 9 pounds and 8 pounds respectively. What a woman!!!!

Okay so back to my precious angel. We have been working with him for awhile to try and get him to talk a little. He started 2 days ago by saying bye-bye. Davis was talking to his grandmommy and repeated bye-bye before we hung up. But then today, out of nowhere he said Da-da-da-da. Then about 30 minutes later he said Momma! It was so incredible and so sweet. Throughout the day today he has said dada more often, but I thought it was really cool that we both got to hear him say our names for the first time and it was on the same day! I will try to capture it on video, but for some reason he is camera shy today :-)

Davis has perfected crawling now. He is pretty darn fast too, so we really have to watch him. He is also pulling himself up! He started by pulling up to a stand position on the laundry basket and has now moved to the couch. He is so much fun to watch and John and I just stare at him with amazement everyday. Seriously, could life get any better???? :-)

0 comments: