CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

JD's Favorite Modes of Transportation

First of all, I wanted to comment that Davis has grown quite attached to a blankie that his Grandma Brown gave him. It is soft, blue fleece on one side and blue silk on the other side. He looks so cute carrying it around. He will actually lay on the ground with it and try to take a nap on the hardwood. He is also growing quite attached to his paci. I have taken great pride in the fact that he has been perfectly content all these months without a major security "crutch" but man they work in moments of stress. I know that I am probably creating a bad habit, but who cares if it makes him happy! I have some smaller "woobies" that I am trying to get him used to so we don't drag a big blankie around all the time. (Sorry for the red eyes, didn't go in and edit.) We have had so much rain over the last week or so! It seems like the sun is never going to shine again for a significant amount of time. Well, those of you that know our property, knows that we are prone to puddling... well, okay flooding. We have not had many issues since 2005 when we had all the hurricanes, but this past wave of thunderstorms created quite the lake in our front yard. I blew up the float Sunday morning and put little man in it. I laughed hysterically (thank goodness my neighbors did not see, they might have called DHR on me), but Davis seemed to have fun. I only let him play for about 5 minutes because he started to get too curious and even though the water was only about 3 inches deep, I'm sure it wasn't the cleanest of "pools". Our neighbor's children have fun in our driveway after storms like this. I joked that I was going to start charging admission :-)


As for Davis' other favorite mode of transportation, he loves his car! Grandmommy and Pa-paw gave him this for his birthday and he really hasn't paid much attention to it until this past week. He would push the horn, which plays little songs, but he recently figured out how to get in and out of it. He will push it around a little in the den, but does not get too far before he gets bored. What is really funny about the car though is that he gets in it Dukes of Hazard style and gets out like he is checking the oil under the hood (see the video). I will try to catch him crawling in soon.





1 comments:

Sue said...

Carter also got very attached to his snuggle buddies right around his first birthday (and is still!). He has one at home and one primarily at school that comes home for a weekly wash. The team leader in his infant suite said that it is a very "toddler" thing to be attached to an "item." That helped me embrace it a little more. We'll see how I embrace it if he is still this attached to them in a year! ha.