CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Little River Rat!

After Claire, Barkley and Buzz went home, we loaded up and went to see the grandparents in Decatur again. Aunt Sissy bought a new car from Decatur so we had to pick it up and Uncle Brit was passing through town on his way to Guntersville. So we were all home, except for daddy. Of course he had to work. He needs a vacation, haha.
Papaw bought a pontoon boat about a month ago and was itching to get everyone out on the river. We got up early Sunday morning and drove straight through. As soon as we walked in the door we changed into our swimsuits and helped grandmommy pack the food. It took us nearly 2 hours, but we were ready to go! We had to wait on a storm to pass before we put the boat in but when it did, we had such a blast! Riding up and down the Tennessee River brought back so many memories from high school and summers in college. How in the world was I able to ski in that water so many times??? I was scared to death of it! Must be the mommy thing :-) The current was really bad and I couldn't help but think there were snakes waiting to bite my toes... thanks mom for that fear :-) Needless to say, I only let Davis in to feel the water... nothing more!
We went to Rosies for dinner one night... I think actually this was Davis' 3rd trip there in his life, but this was the first trip that he was really awake for the whole time. He did great! He ate cereal while we ate our chips and salsa. We all had a really good time. Then before we left we all had lunch at the Brick... another Decatur staple. Again, I think this was Davis' 3rd trip to the Brick but the first time he didn't sleep through lunch. It is so much fun taking him to all these places and watching him look around and interact with everyone. I guess it will only be a matter of time before he is up and really running around. We may have to second guess all these family outings when he is mobile, just kidding!

"I don't know about this life jacket thing. Of course, the "oh no" handle on top does make for a very nice pillow when I want to take a nap."

"I am a very good driver and mommy says I will probably drive a boat before I drive a car so I better start practicing now!"

"Just catching some rays."


"Here I am in all my garb. Why do they do this to me???"

1 comments:

Barkley said...

OK, that last picture is hilarious. Boy are we going to embarras him with that one day!