CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas.....

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring; not even ......the dogs :-) Davis is nite nite asleep in his bed, with visions of sugar plums dancing in his head. John is asleep (and sick for Christmas, poor thing!)...... I tucked Davis in after Grandmommy read Twas the Night Before Christmas and the real story of Christmas to him over the speaker phone. So I sit here with all the presents wrapped under the tree watching the 24 hour marathon of "The Christmas Story" and can't help but giggle at how excited I am about this Christmas. Davis has no clue what is going on but it still fills me with joy and total excitement to be celebrating his first Christmas!!!

We baked some cookies, set them out for Santa and then got ready for church. Davis and I went to the Communion and Candlelight Service at church tonight. Poor John couldn't muster the energy to go, but really wanted to be there. He hasn't moved from the couch since work this morning. The service was beautiful and the church was packed. Davis was very good until the first solo and then he started hiccuping uncontrollably (the kind with the nice loud burp at the end) so I scooted him out to the nursery. After safely securing him with the ever so patient nursery workers, I went back to my seat. I could listen to the story of Christmas a million times and am touched in a different way each time. It means even more this year since I have a sweet, innocent baby boy that is such a precious miracle from God. We have so much to be grateful for and realize that everything we have is a blessing from Him. I have a great job, live in one of the prettiest places on earth, have absolutely wonderful friends, an amazing family, an incredible husband who just happens to be my best friend, and a child that has invoked feelings in me I never knew existed. I stare at him as he sleeps in his flannel Christmas jammies that Grandmommy sent (and I have on matching jammies from her too, little did she know it was going to be 75 degrees though....flannel not so good, haha), paci in mouth, bottom poked to the sky and just want to pick him up and squeeze him. I am so thankful to have Davis in my life and pray that I set the kind of example for him that my parents were to me. I pray to be a better mom, wife, sister, friend, and daughter. And I thank God that Jesus was born on this night so many, many, many years ago and later died for us to save us from our sins. And as Davis' first Christmas book says... "Happy Birthday Jesus!"

Now, you know me and I have to insert a little funny in here... So I am at church tonight sitting by this family and the husband looks so familiar. I knew that I had seen him on TV and thought, "Well, maybe he is a doctor or dentist....chiropractor???" It bugged me so bad! So during the communion we introduced ourselves and I told him how familiar he looked..... It was the mayor!!!! Whoops! I mean, I know that since I technically live in Walton County, not Destin that I get a pass, but he didn't know that... I felt really silly. It kind of reminded me of a great quote from Anchorman..."I don't know how to say this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me." Very sweet family and hope I didn't offend him.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!
I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!!

1 comments:

Barkley said...

Love the funny story! That is so you! I laughed out loud. To have been a fly on the wall in his car on the way home! Miss you! Post some pics of Davis on Christmas morning! And what did you get for Christmas??.....Just call me tomorrow. We have been playing phone tag for 2 days ;) Love you!