CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Big Boy Food Time :-(

Davis turned 5 months old last week and is still growing like a weed. My pediatrician told me at our 4 month checkup that we would start solid foods at 6 months, but as his mommy I think he is ready. I am only breaking the rules by 2 weeks, so we'll just keep quiet :-) Davis does great with rice cereal and I recently started adding applesauce to help the taste. After talking to one of my best friends Barkley, I decided to start introducing vegies yesterday. He still takes a 7-8 oz formula bottle every 3 hours, with the exception of our nighttime ritual that includes rice cereal. He is thankfully (and has been... thank you mom!) sleeping through the night since he was around 3 months. I just really feel that once he has some solids on his tummy, maybe he can sustain a little longer. We started with green beans and my goodness... they look AWFUL! But I kept my opinion to myself and acted like it was pureed pizza when I was feeding him. He did GREAT! He sat up like a big boy in his high chair and ate them very successfully. We had a little bit of a mess, but that is to be expected!
See, not too big of a mess!
First bite!
"I'm not to sure about this mommy!" By the way, the sippy cup is still a no go, but thought I'd try it out.

2 comments:

The Crowders said...

What a big boy. :-) He is so cute. We never did green beans. AR hated them. She did like peas and loves the real thing now. Don't worry about the sippy cup. It might be a while and then one day he will just drink out of like he has been for months.
Hope all is well with you. The house looks great too!

Barkley said...

I'm so glad Davis liked the green beans. I hope he slept good, too! See you in 7 more days!